Friday, May 1, 2009

Game 7 anyone?

Last night was the best 2009 NBA playoff basketball game I've watched on TV. It was game 6 between Chicago Bulls vs Boston Celtics (my L.A. Lakers rival). I'm rooting for the Celtics (the team I despise) in this series because I think Celtics (aside from the Lakers) is the legitimate team that could beat the Cavs, and eventually meet my L.A. Lakers in the finals again (that if Lakers wins all their playoff series).

The game was from the start very physical. You could see pushing, elbows and shoving in the game. The referee tried to control it but when emotions really plays, I dunno what would people do. I was watching close at Rondo because he did throw a hard foul against Brad Miller and decked Kirk Heinrich on game 6 and didn't even received a technical foul on that game. On game 7, Rondo pull Heinrich into the officials table and only got a flagrant 1 foul. I could see the officials don't wants to make any bad decision that could make an impact on the series. For what Rondo did, I think he deserves to be ejected or if not, suspended. I would prefer ejection over suspension though. NBA should explain why they didn't eject Rondo on the game. He did cause a ruckus on the game by doing it to Heinrich. Well, after all of the circus or should I call it side shows, the game was really great. Ray Allen had a playoff high with 51 points for the Celtics and John Salmons had 35 points for the Bulls. They just cant be stopped last night. The game went into 3 overtime. It was a thriller and guess who made the winning shot. It was a fast break dunk by Noah. He made the steal off Paul Pierce and dribbled all the way to the basket (which I think took forever for him to reach the basket) and a dumb shooting foul by Paul Pierce that sent him to the bench with 6 fouls. The Celtics countered a two that made it a one point ball game. A miss from Heinrich that gave Celtics the last chance to get the win but a good defensive play by Derrick Rose by blocking Rondo's shot. The Bulls win.

What a game it was. It made my housemate scream OMG all night. She want the Celtics to win the game last night. I was for the Bulls. I want to see the Celtics get tested before they face LBJ's team. Maybe they could find ways to stop Lebron again (just like last year) and face the Lakers. Lakers will beat any team from the east. Lakers will be the 2009 NBA Champions.

Lakers for life.......

No comments:

Post a Comment