Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chocolate Muron experiment

The past days, my aunt asked me if I know how to cook chocolate muron. I told her I don't but my wife's lola knows. So, I called Lola Laling and asked her how to make it.


Chocolate Muron is a delicacy Leyte, Philippines (some say Samar). It's what we usually give to our friends in Cebu as pasalubong from Leyte.




Here's how I made my version of Chocolate Muron.










Ingredient:


1 1/2 Cup of Rice Flour.
1 1/2 Cup of Glutinous Rice Flour
2 Cans of Coconut Milk
10 pieces of Tableya
1 1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 - 1/2 Cup of Butter/ Margarine
Finely Chops into tiny pieces Peanuts


Wrapper: 


Banana Leaf


Procedure:


1. Mix the Rice Flour and Glutinous Rice flour while it is dry.
2. Cook the dry mixture with the coconut milk. ( if the mixture is a little dry just add a little water like 1/2 cup of water)
3. Always stir the mixture until it is kinda sticky.
4. Add the Margarine/ Butter and stir it until it is properly mixed.
5. Add Sugar and mix it properly.
6. Divide the mixture into two. 
7. Set the 1st Half at the side and Add the melted tableya/chocolate on the other half of the mixture until it is properly     
     mixed.
8. Now, You will have 2 side. The White Half and The Brown Half. It is ready to wrap.
9. After Wrapping, Steam it for 30-45 mins.
10. Let it cool down before eating. It makes 15-20 pcs. (If you like to make more just double the ingredients.)


Wrapping


I didn't wrap it like the way they usually wrap it. I just place the two together and roll it in the banana leaf, fold the ends and placed it on the steamer.





2 comments: